Saturday, May 3, 2008

Chalupas!!!

I was down in Phoenix today to attend an Arizona Diamondbacks game with Steve. The D-backs took on and handily dispatched the New York Mets by a score of 10 to 4.

And as we left the stadium, every attendee was given a small paper coupon like this:
To those of you not familiar with that delicacy, it is a Chalupa. Every time the Diamondbacks score 8 or more runs in a home game, everyone in the stadium gets a coupon for a free Chalupa at any Taco Bell in the state.

I am happy to say that I have claimed several of these coupons on the occasion of games I have attended. The Chalupas are good and they usually represent a Diamondbacks victory.

Our team is now 21 and 9 for the year with the best record in the Major Leagues by nearly 100 points. Brandon Webb, who got the win today, is the top pitcher in the game with a 7 and 0 start. If you want to read more about the game and today's star - Augie Ojeda - go here.

8 comments:

  1. God do I love Chalupas! Addictive little frybread delights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are tasty but they're even better when they're free with a Diamondbacks victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll tell you what's making me hungry: SWMBO is frying bacon in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fry Bread??? I didn't know these were made of Fry Bread. I never even thought of picking up the coupons as I left the stadium. We're going tonight so maybe they will score the necessary runs and I'll finally wise up and get my coupon. Sheeesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My buddy, Steve, has a fistful of the coupons but has never used one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot get into the sports thing, but Chalupa's do rule! I don't even bother with a regular old taco. The Baja ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And besides, they're low fat! (NOT!)

    ReplyDelete