Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grillin' 'n' Chillin'

Oh, yeah. It's time to fire up the grill.

What we have here is some asparagus, several boneless skinless chicken breasts and a half a hunk of Artisan bread wrapped in foil.

SWMBO fires up the gas.

This is not time-lapse photography but the first side of that chicken is done. The bread is heating on an upper rack.

The asparagus is in the grill basket. Oh, yeahhhhhh!

Can you smell that chicken?

Can you taste that asparagus and chicken?

Oh, yeah. Fill my plate. Add some brown rice. And my salad: grated carrots and apple, some poached raisins and toasted slivered almonds.

Let's see. Anything else? Oh, yeah, a glass of red wine.

I'm in heaven!

12 comments:

  1. It sure looks like heaven to me!!Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a right-nifty little grill basket. I might have to get one of those. I've been cooking everything in foil when using the grill...

    What spices used on the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meggie - "Yummo" says it all!

    Tombo - Grill baskets are great. I had to ask SWMBO about the spices. Simple by your standards. Salt, Mrs. Dash, and Smoked Paprika. Also heavily sprayed with Pam to keep the moist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, simple is good!

    I'm pretty sure when god made smoked paprika he designed it soley for chicken, as they are possibly the best pairing that I know of.

    Mmmmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat, you have made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear God... I'm salivating...
    looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my my ... that looks wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. With those last three comments from three lovely ladies, it makes me think I missed something by not sharpening my cooking skills back in my single days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, make that "last FOUR comments from FOUR lovely ladies!"

    ReplyDelete