Saturday, January 9, 2010

Movies and more

I've been on a movie watching jag lately. I just watched "Donnie Brasco" with Johnny Depp and Al Pacino, among others. Yesterday I watched "Nick of Time" with Depp and Christopher Walken. Both were quite good but after all the violence I think I'm now ready for a chick flick. My movie aficionado, Reed, had never heard of the "Nick of Time" film so I actually got one up on him. He's a true movie maven so has usually already seen everything I see. I don't know how I'd missed these two Depp films all these years.

Speaking of film, look what I found:



Looks like paradise, doesn't it. And I only live a half-dozen miles away. Meantime, just up over Mingus Mountain, maybe 15 miles away in the opposite direction is one of my favorite towns: Jerome.



As noted, Sedona and the Red Rocks are only 25 to 30 miles beyond that. Not a bad place to live, here in the heart of Arizona.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they make it sound like the place to be, don't they? It used to be that we knew everyone we met downtown. Now we rarely see anyone that we know. Ads like that must be the reason for all the traffic we have to deal with now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the Jerome video is a few years old so the town has changed a bit more up there.

    ReplyDelete