Monday, November 29, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I don't care what you say.  It's cold!  Normally when Northerners laugh at Arizonans who are complaining of cold temperatures, it is because the temperature has fallen down into the 60's.  That is not the case today.  It's 12:45 in the afternoon right now and, while sunny, the thermometer says it is stuck at 36 degrees outside with an afternoon high of 39 predicted.  Overnight, the mercury dropped to 19 degrees and we had snow on the ground yesterday morning.  Sure it was just a trace but it was snow.  And it snowed again yesterday afternoon though none of that apparently stuck.

Now don't you Northerners give me a lot of static on this.  I grew up in North Dakota, just about 50 miles from being a Canadian, and I have known some cold, cold days, weeks and months in my time.  But I was smart (or lucky) enough to get out of there 41 years ago and I've managed to live in much warmer climes ever since - Indiana (which had three mild winters while I was there, Arizona, Mexico, Texas and back to Arizona.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the balmy days and nights as opposed to plugging my car in at night to keep it warm enough to start in the morning.  Or shoveling snow.  Or walking daintily on ice.  Or much less daintily through drifts of snow that I hadn't shoveled. 

I like sunshine and warmth.  And right now I only have one of the two.  It's supposed to begin warming up tomorrow, though.  I can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. Okay I won't laugh, but that does sound cold for Arizona. Here in Alberta we are use to cold snowy winters but I don't mind, I love all the 4 seasons and am always ready to see each one arrive.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only say I'm envious. Our squirrels are having to brave the snow for a few nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we've hung on to the "fall" about as long as we can. Although we'll be in the 50's for the next couple of days, winter is just a breath away here at a mile high. We had a dusting of snow yesterday and the mountains in Colorado are getting their fill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right, Bernie. It was down to 15 this morning! But supposed to rise to 48 today. Yay!

    Steve, yes I've seen the photos of your poor squirrels in the snow.

    Tim - Hey! It's a mile high here, too. But don't worry - you'll get yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seem to be having a lousy wet Spring/Early Summer. Rain for another week. Not too hot though, & so I am happy.
    I never knew Arizona could be cold!

    ReplyDelete