Friday, November 26, 2010

My old machine

Those of you who read my pacemaker post  get a special treat today.  After my surgery, my nurse came in with a plastic bag and said "I thought you might like to see what we took out of you."



Yup!  That's my old pacemaker.  Presumably there's another one that looks a lot like it back in my body.  Actually, just under the skin up by my collarbone.  At least my heart is still beating and it wouldn't be if they'd forgotten to insert the new miracle machine.

9 comments:

  1. This comes with a bunch of cautions, doesn't it? Like be sure and make an appointment to replace the battery? Don't crawl inside a running microwave?

    Actually, it a miracle thing...and I never knew what one looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry - No replacement batteries allowed and I think microwaves are safe now...at least the newer ones.

    And it's only about the size of an old Zippo lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say - it's jsut not what expected, but then what did I expect?
    Glad that you did get the replacement the other day - I was confused until your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confusin' but amusin', that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what happens when you set off the metal detector? it must frustrate TSA not to be able to see inside you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pacemaker patients are exempt from the metal detectors and wands but I haven't flown for decades so it only matters at the courthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On first glance I thought it was a zippo lighter. :) Glad they got the defective unit out and a good one back in to ya. Modern medicine is pretty crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't want Biotroniks to get a bad headline - it wasn't defective, just was reaching the end of its usefulness. Thanks for your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete