Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mag 63

Kaleidoscope

That picture and that title brought back a lot

of old memories.



Over the years

I often thought of doing a regular radio program

Or a television show

Or a magazine

Or a newsletter.



I would call it “Kaleidoscope”

To indicate the variety to be found

Therein.



The years went by,

As did the jobs.

I never put together the radio program

Or the television show

Or the magazine

Or the newsletter.



But eventually I did put together a blog.

It ranges over a variety of subjects,

Features a variety of music,

And a variety of pictures.



And I called it:





Oddball Observations.

=============================================================
This was prompted by a sweet and talented lady named Tess Kincaid, aka Willow.  She began Magpie Tales back in February of 2010.  Each week she posts a photo and encourages, dares, stimulates her readers to compose a poem, a story or whatever prompted by the photo.  This week is the 63rd such week.  You can find submissions by other writers at Magpie Tales

9 comments:

  1. Seen in retrospect, analyzed by the individual moments and pieces, your life's work has been a kaleidoscope and a colorful variety at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it - especially the last line :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very similar! Is that like verisimililude? Could go with Oddball “Kaleidoscope”
    or“Kaleidoscope” Observations...? Nah; I like Oddball Observations...a radio show? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Cat. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah . . dreams, dreams, dreams . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the giggles, and for your kind words. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do they say...Life happens while you're making plans? I always enjoy your meanderings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was "Life is what happens while you're making other plans" and I think it was John Lennon who said it first but that could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete