Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WOW!

I can't begin to describe my reaction to your reactions to SWMBO's essay yesterday.  It seemed to strike a chord with many of you.  But we had to explain to a few of you that we are not depressed, not necessarily going into a retirement center, certainly way not ready for a nursing home.  Her essay was meant to be a light-hearted retelling of some history in our family.  So, lighten up, people, and laugh a little.

Be that as it may, let me speak for Judith Taylor (ah, hah, at last her real name revealed).  I've told her she should do this but she doesn't think it's necessary.  So I'll do it.

Thank you.  Thank you for your comments and for your own stories.  We both wish you all well and we are very grateful for the many compliments to her writing.  I've been telling her for years that she is good.  Maybe now, just a little bit more, she knows it.

'Course she'd never admit it.

I'll try to get her to log in here again someday and offer some more of her unique style.  'Til then, I say again, thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you could have some blogging competition, Bruce. May the best man...er...woman win. Actually, we, the readers, would be the big winners. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Thanks to Judith for writing her story, and Thanks to you for encouraging her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed meeting Judith and catching a glimpse of her personality. She is certainly a good writer and I hope she'll visit with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that new banner photo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she did wonderful, perhaps she should have her own blog, she would be great. Everyone has a story to share.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete