Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bennett and Gaga

SWMBO and I watched Tony Bennett's "Duets" show on PBS last night.  The more I watched, the more I realized that Frank Sinatra's statement that Bennett was the world's greatest saloon singer was absolutely true.  The man swings, he's soulful, he's just great.  And he's 85 YEARS OLD!!!

There were many great performances with singers ranging from Andrea Bocelli to Willy Nelson but we both agreed that this one was our favorite. 



Blue hair and all . . . that gal knows how to swing.

5 comments:

  1. I agree 100% ......Tony Bennett is great.....but then, I am 84 years old. On the other hand, this is the first time I have heard and seen Lady GaGa and I have to admit,, she is not bad herself! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Tony live in concert and loved the show.
    As you know I have long been a GaGa fan--in whatever mode she may be.

    that is a great video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variation on this old classic. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bennett is timeless, and now I have a new appreciation for Lady Gaga, too. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been a Lady Gaga fan....but then, I've never seen her perform either. Kind of a sight unseen thing. But now I may have to reconsider.

    One can never go wrong with Mr. Bennett.

    ReplyDelete