Friday, December 28, 2012

A THREATENING SKY

This dark threatening sky greeted me yesterday morning.




(By the way, I don't know why it has those sort of oil painting smears.  I didn't do anything to the pictures.)

At any rate, it lived up to its threat.  A little later as I came out of a store the air was filled with snow pellets, b.b. sized dry pellets.  I quickly learned that my fancy new car with all the bells and whistles does NOT have a rear window wiper.  But thankfully it does have a defroster.

The skies threatened most of the day and the temperature hung in the upper 30's/lower 40's.  I talked to one young woman at the pharmacy who said she had grown up here but she didn't like the cold, snowy weather.  "I wish it was summer again," she said.

I agree.

7 comments:

  1. Stay warm.

    I think Texas as about the right amount of winter. A few days of cold and ice and snow, then the sun comes back out and life returns to normal for a while. Two or three rounds per year like that is fine with me.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oil painting smears? Don't see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) I don't see any oil painting smears.
    B) The idea of snow, ice and cold is a bit revolting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm imaginging them.

    Tom, (B) is correct!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K. I've had a few drinks. Let's make that "imagining". O.K.?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No rear wiper? Amazing, I thought they all had one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oil painting smears or not, the pictures are great! Even if the weather isn't...

    ReplyDelete