Saturday, December 22, 2012

BIONIC BRUCE

Yesterday, I acquired two new hearing aids to assist my failing ears in my dotage.  One for each ear.

Let's see.  I have a partial to replace several teeth that were pulled years ago.  

I have a Pacemaker imbedded in my chest to keep my heart beating.  

I wear bifocal glasses in order to see.

I sleep with a C-pap mask over my face to combat sleep apnea.

I also have oxygen plugged into it, supposedly to keep me breathing I guess.

Yes folks these are the Golden Years.  (You have to have your weight in gold to pay for all these appliances of modern medicine.)

But my doctors tell me I'm in good health.

I think I'll have today's Gratuitous Critter look me over next time.


8 comments:

  1. Steve - the medicos are trying to assure I live long. That prosper part is something I'm still working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are tuned in again. No more huh? when someone is talking to you, unless of course you are tuned out in another way. Be well old buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom - Hell, with all this hardware how can I be anything other than well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, Bruce. You don't need a doctor....you need a pit crew! ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. At this moment I'm thinking about you and seeing Robby the Robot. Heck, with all that gear you might not even notice it if you passed away. Speaking on behalf of your fans, I'm glad these things are keeping you in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Stephen, and just think: I'm speeding around town in my fast new car. "You better watch out, you better not cry, Bionic Brucie is out on the fly . . . ."

    ReplyDelete