Tuesday, December 11, 2012

FINALLY!

SWMBO got her wish yesterday as we picked up our new car.


It is a brand new 2013 Nissan Altima and it has more bells and whistles than a spaceship.  Heated steering wheel, heated seats, XM radio, temperature controls that can be adjusted separately for the driver and front passenger seats.  SWMBO spent much of last evening reading the Quick Reference Guide.  I haven't begun yet other than to learn how to open the trunk.  Judging from the size of the manual that came with the car, it will be a learning experience that goes on and on.  It's our first new car since we bought a 1986 Volkswagen Quantum station wagon.  The best part so far?  That new car smell!

I'm about to take my first drive in it.  SWMBO drove it home yesterday and said she loved it.

Like today's Gratuitous Critter I'm a little bit in awe of it.


11 comments:

  1. Nissan makes a good car. My wife has a Nissan Juke and we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I'm daydreaming about my next car - but I have to wait until we pay off Mike's car. Also, I'm pretty sure it will NOT be new. So I'm officially jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome new ride. Is SWMBO gonna let you drive it or will she just chauffeur you around town? ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve - SWMBO shopped the Consumers Report mag and guide to pick this one.

    Bug - I was hoping you would be!

    Lowandslow - Actually I took it to run some brief errands this morning. It drives beautifully and I'm officially in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful car. When Mrs. C purchased a BMW eight years ago it came with a cassette to describe all of the functions. We never made it beyond the steering column.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen - I know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking new wheels! Just beautiful. Good luck with all of the new technology. Try something for a while and then read the guides, they'll make more sense. Happy Motoring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A heated steering wheel...in Arizona? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  9. New car! Congrats. Like the little critter too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tom - Yup, that's the system. Doesn't always work, though.

    azttttommy - Oh, yeah. It was 30 degrees here the past two mornings.

    Joan - Thanks! I have driven it now and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one! I had to laugh because last year we got our first new car since 1999. It took me a month to figure out how to work everything. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete