Friday, December 7, 2012

JUST ANOTHER SUNNY DAY


This is one of the reasons I like living in Arizona.  I snapped this photo early this morning as I was running out to buy a paper.  It's December 7th, there is no snow and the sun is shining.

Of course there are others who don't agree with me.  An article the other day said the states has been in drought for 15 years now.  But this little town keeps growing (housing starts are up) and new businesses are opening and the constant question remains "How do people make a living here?"

Sort of hidden, there are several large employers here and I expect a lot of people work in them.  Their salaries apparently keep the service industry going as more and more restaurants (mostly fast food types) keep opening.

But back to the weather.  It's just past 11 a.m. now and the temperature is 46.  The high today is forecast at 64.  There's no snow.

And it's December 7th.

I hope you're happy wherever you are.

Oops, I've been letting you down recently without my Gratuitous Critter photos.  Let's see what we've got for today.

Ah, how about this one.


"Good to the last drop!"

5 comments:

  1. Warm and rainy here in Ohio. I hardly know what to wear - I pull out my sweaters & then just put them back in the closet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, you are funny. You'll get your snow and ours might melt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day over here as well. High pressure is holding.
    No snow here either!!!!

    Heard some guys talking about Pearl Harbor today-they were all kids when it happened. I felt like a little boy! That was OK actually. Plenty of time to get old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's waaaaay too warm in Dallas. That will all change Sunday evening when a strong cold front comes through. I'm one of the few here looking forward to it. Glad to hear y'all are enjoying yourselves.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nearly skipped the comments part this morning! Grey, grey and grey over here but no snow and mild...
    thks for cheering us up.

    ReplyDelete