Thursday, August 1, 2013

STREET LAMP AND CLOUDY SKIES

Judy's post today gave me an idea for my blog today.  She's part of an international combine of bloggers who post a daily picture from each of their areas.  From time to time they are given a subject suggestion for the day.  Today it was street lamps.

Since there is such a lamp directly in front of my residence, I decided to follow along and take a photograph of it.  But when I went out, I noticed the monsoon-cloudy-skies so I got two subjects for the price of one.  And two photographs.



The clouds in that second photograph really seem to be telegraphing some rain showers, don't they?  (He said with his fingers firmly crossed!)

14 comments:

  1. Nice street lamps post!! I'm betting there are a lot of fingers crossed in the Valley of the Sun today all hoping for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing a nice soft rain to appear over you. This has never worked before but there;s a first time for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks hopeful to me. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice compositions maestro! Good luck on the rain.

    We've been getting overnight marine fog to keep things cool and to help moisten a bit. Another spectacularly clear day. Star gazing last night was terrific before the fog. It departed early this morning and sunrise was bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Bruce, but I'm afraid to my eye those clouds don't look that threatening. I hope for your sake I'm wrong. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothin' so far but I agree: I hope you're wrong! ;>

      Delete
  6. It's always good to stay optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very handsome street light there. But no rain, I guess.

    ReplyDelete