Tuesday, September 3, 2013

POTPOURRI PICTURES

These first three are courtesy of my friend, Danny Bananas.


Danny is a legendary in his own mind duck hunter.  But even he would not take a shot at this Chinese Mandarin duck, would he?


This Tibetan mastiff dog allegedly sold for 1.5 million dollars.  I wonder if that Chinese zoo bought it for their lion "lyin" cage.  Would they get their money back when the dog roared barked?


I presently live in a golf course community but there are no hazards on it like the one facing this golfer and caddy in Australia.  Don't worry, mates. They're just playing through.

And speaking of Australia, my good friend Meggie from Down Under gets the credit for this sign she discovered on the InterWebs.


A proper adage to close out this post.

15 comments:

  1. And a great post it was. Lucy and I had a good laugh, particularly at the final contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kangaroos would make life in Phoenix even more interesting eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so. Wonder if they'd bring their koalas with them?

      Delete
  3. Wow! That duck is gorgeous. So what about that dog made it worth $1.5M? Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not a mastiff. It's a Pekingese with a thyroid problem.

      Delete
    2. Well, since you explain it like that....:)

      Delete
  4. I love that last message - so appropriate for the interwebs :)

    I want to just hug that mastiff. I wonder if he'd mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he wouldn't mind. Go ahead. I'll hug his mistress to distract him.

      Delete
  5. Love the Chinese lion. Maybe we could find a turkey vulture and sell it to the Chinese as a California condor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Stephen. I've been searching for a way to make some money and I think you've just hit on it!

      Delete
    2. Concerning the last frame, lol, stupid in / stupid out.....

      Delete
  6. That last one made me laugh out loud. What a dog in the second photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want the feed bill for that dog.

    ReplyDelete