Thursday, October 10, 2013

HALLOWEEN 2

First of all, an apology to the weatherman.  After months of moaning and groaning by your correspondent about the exceedingly and continuously hot weather, you have acceded.  It's about 2 p.m. as I write this and the outside temperature is 71 degrees Fahrenheit.  Now that's just about perfect.  One day recently when I remarked on the mild temperature and said "I'd be happy with this year round," a neighbor said "Oh, no.  I said that to a mailman here a few years ago and he replied with horror 'Don't say that!  If it was like that EVERYONE would move here!'"  So I'll put up with 3 or 4 months of agonizingly high temperatures if the other 8 or 9 months can be somewhat like todays.

But to the business at hand.

I found a couple of other residents with wishes for trick-or-treat visitors, it seems.



Note the rows of skulls around the front door!

One person decorated his entire garage door.


I thought at first he had painted it but SWMBO and I decided it was a kind of decal that will be removed after the horror of Halloween.

Speaking of horror, the BRD had come for a visit and apparently had seen some of these "decorations".  She was properly terrified, it seems.


Either that or she was preparing for her next career.

As an opera singer.

6 comments:

  1. Haha. I cannot believe the way Halloween is so big in the States! All that horror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRD looks like she's belting out an aria from an opera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what your neighbors do with Christmas and Holiday lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruce, good for you with the weather. We have cool rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. 71 degrees here in MInneapolis, too. But I doubt it would tempt anyone to move here for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need a decal for OUR garage!!

    Love your new look by the way :)

    ReplyDelete