Monday, October 28, 2013

VISITING IRISHMAN

My grandson and his wife recently celebrated their first wedding annivesary.  WITH A TRIP TO IRELAND!  As SWMBO commented "that's what young people can do if they put off having a family!"  From all the pictures I've seen, they had a great time, even though they apparently rented a car and were seen driving on the wrong side of the road!

All of which gives me an excuse to post this picture of said grandson.


I particularly like this one because someone, presumably his wife, caught him without his characteristic smirk.  It's a thoughtful pose of a young man looking out to sea.  I could weave a whole story about an Irish lad imagining what his life might become in America.  But since this lad was born in Phoenix and grew up in Colorado I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

By the way, his name is Russell but born, as he was, with bright red hair I've always called him Rusty.  The red seems to have disappeared from the top of his head but still clings to his beard.

4 comments:

  1. I've thought about going to Ireland several times but I hear it's as damp there as it is here in Oregon and I don't like the taste of beer. I'm glad your grandson and his wife had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flew over Ireland once. Does that count? Next time I might ask the pilot to land so I can take a closer look-see. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving on the wrong side can be seen over here too... :-)
    Grand children make us keep aware of what's going on with the next generations... not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireland is worth a visit. It's been a few years, but the wife and I enjoyed it. Going there from Germany is a short flight.

    ReplyDelete