Wednesday, January 1, 2014

OLIO

"Olio" is a crossword puzzle word that means a mixture, or medley or hodgepodge.  Actually I prefer "hodgepodge".  At any rate, that's what you're getting to mark the beginning of a new year.


Last night's New Year's Eve feast was baked potatoes, my semi-famous Pepper Steaks, a nice mixed salad prepared by SWMBO, and a baguette, all complimented by a tasty bottle of red.  


Strangely, the only photo of the meal is this one of the somewhat depleted red wine.


SWMBO was busy with the slow cooker this week.


Ham and beans!  Yum!


And her delicious corn bread to accompany them.

Oh, by the way, she has it in her mind to hire some off-duty firefighters to load our truck when we move.  I can't imagine why.


I thought you might like to see some products of our back yard.


Well I really need to get away from this computer and watch some football.  

Ouch!  Okay, help my wife with some packing.


10 comments:

  1. Franklin, I like your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Do oranges grow in Tucson?? :-) Just joking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If SWMBO hires those guys to help with the move, can I come over at watch?
    Those sculptures on my site were at the Desert Botanical Garden last year. They are by Philip Haas and are based on the paintings of Giuseppe Arcimboldo. They are called "The Four Seasons". They were quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I hope your optimism isn't dashed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "olio" brought back memories of W.W. II and mixing coloring by hand into the new butter substitue, magarine. We called it "olio" magarine and the mixing was a task given to young boys after they washed their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence. I didn't become a better person, either. :) Happy New Year to you both.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ham and beans look great. Mrs. C. makes beans in January from the ham bone left from our New Years dinner. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice entree into 2014. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely ADORE Apothic red wine! Good choice! Also, the half nekkid firefighters... delicious!

    ReplyDelete