Sunday, June 15, 2014

FATHER'S DAY 2014


I can't remember ever calling him "father".  He was always "Dad" to me and my brother.

He was my single father, as they're known these days, from the time my mother died when I was 13.

He worried a lot about that and whether he was doing a good enough job.  I was a mischievous kid and got into my share of trouble, though my scrapes were nothing compared to what kids do today.

He was a good Dad and I was lucky enough to have the chance to tell him that more than once.  And I was able to dig down beneath my North Dakota crust and tell him I loved him.


Franklin Berry Taylor
1903-1980

10 comments:

  1. Nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made the opportunity to tell him how you felt about him. Too many people wait until it's too late. Happy Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I join the chorus, he sounds like a good dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Happy Fathers day to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great tribute and telling him that I loved him is something I wish I could have told my father who died when I was a teenager...

    ReplyDelete