Thursday, September 24, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY

From my high school yearbook, my 1958 Senior picture.


My 7-year-older brother had earned the nickname, Tiger, for his ferocious play in sports.

I used to tag after him as he went to practices. One of his coaches nicknamed me "Little Tiger", which became "Little Tige" and eventually morphed to "Cougar".

I was "Cougar" from then on and was startled at my 10th high school reunion by hearing someone call me by that forgotten name.

And I have no memory of being a Prom Waiter!

8 comments:

  1. You look better now. More worldly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Cougar the Prom Waiter is now etched in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cougar is a much better nickname than the one I was saddled with, which I'll keep to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were a handsome lad. A Clark Kent type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mr. Cochrun, but I'd suggest a young Marlon Brando.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cougar takes on a whole different meaning today. I'm seeing Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gawd! Doesn't anyone see Robert Redford?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh, heh. First offender!

    I'm guessing that Prom Waiter was an honor.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers are back so comment moderation is back on. Sorry.