Saturday, April 2, 2016

THE PRESAGE

I can't say I wasn't warned.

It snowed here much of Wednesday afternoon.

I was stunned.

It was the last day of March and I thought we had escaped the traditional early Spring snowstorm.

I should have known better.


A short while before I noticed the snow in the air I had taken note of an extremely cloudy looking sky to the north.

I thought it was just a low-hanging cloud.

Mainly fog.

Perhaps a spit or two of rain.

Even though it looked ominous.


A short time later I noticed the snowfall.

It was warm enough that even though it snowed, on and off, most of the afternoon none of it stuck to the ground.

SWMBO escaped the weather wrath as she was visiting a friend in Sun City, a suburb of Phoenix, on that day and was enjoying 70 degree weather.

She returned the next day and brought warming temperatures with her.

The forecast says it will be 82 F/28 C here NEXT Wednesday.

"If you don't like the weather, just wait an hour. It will change."
                        --an old expression, used everywhere

9 comments:

  1. And here up in a Southern California canyon on the 2nd of April I sat outside in the morning sunshine, sipping my coffee while wearing a down jacket. 44 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 34 here this morning in AZ when I walked. It's not warm yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warming to 79* by Tues/Wed here near the beach in Hermosa. Bring it on, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at your photos made me want to put a fire in the fireplace and make soup. Sunny here. This morning coffee in bathrobe on front deck watching the cats stretch and play in 60 degree sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Mark Twain's comment: Everyone complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fauna today were out in t-shirts, shorts and unseeming attire, blinding the elders with the glare. I have a tulip up in the front yard, it's April...the end of the world. Earliest I've seen them in 3 weeks from now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had snow yesterday evening - but even more annoying, it was 24 degrees when I left for church this morning. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cool cloud pics though. At least you got sun the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete