Monday, May 9, 2016

Pesta Indonesia

That title translated to English means Indonesian feast.

That's what we dined on last night courtesy of my personal chef, SWMBO.


This somewhat fuzzy picture shows the Chicken Satay, Peanut sauce, Curried Bananas and mixed fruits. There was also a dish of quinoa and brown rice.

All of those in attendance proclaimed it, in the Indonesian parlance, "mighty tasty."

Our honored guests from the California coast, Lana and Tom Cochrun.



The sommelier pours.


The chef tucks in.

Good friends, great food and wine, wonderful conversation.

It's hard to believe but this friendship goes back 47 years.

And counting.

11 comments:

  1. Old Friends are the best friends (speaking as another old friend)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some friends over that length of time, some 60 years +. Some from pre-school and some from kindergarten. When you're with them, the conversation just picks up where it last left off. Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, speaking as an old friend, thanks for the tip on Pokey LaFarge. My son and his lady friend accompanied Jeanne and me to the Tractor last Friday night. The man is sensational, and his entire entourage is great. The sideman playing the harmonica was worth the trip himself (he claimed to have done a single gig at a Drunkin' Suchi Bar-B-Que). Check out their tour calendar online and take them in whenever Pokey and his group is nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, I would have loved to have been there. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Always nice to spend time with the Cochruns. BTW Pokey played at the Stage Coach Festival in Palm Springs, he got great reviews.

    The food looks fantastic, I had no idea SWMBO was Indonesian, I thought she was all Hoosier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One never knows what SWMBO will come up with in the kitchen. Or you, for that matter.

      Delete
  5. It's so nice hearing about this 47 year friendship. We live in such a disposable society that learning about such good friends is heartwarming. And as always the food looks magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not very adventurous with food, but if swmbo offered it, I would have to try. I suspect my 6 yo taste buds would be rewarded. I not there is always wine. Nice to have old friends visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, you may have to come out and give it a go!

      Delete