Monday, October 17, 2016

FALL FLAVORS

What do I love about fall?

The flavors.

Pumpkin and squash and turkey and dressing and potatoes and yams.

And meat loaf.


This one was ready to bake last night.

A combination of ground beef and pork sausage topped for basting with some thick-sliced bacon and a bit of paprika for color.

About 90 minutes later and it looked like this.


The aroma in the house for most of the cooking time would nearly knock a man over, tipped into a trembling mass as he waited for that first slice.


Carrots and onions inside the delicious mound confirmed to me that it is healthy food.

Homemade meat loaf.

Ain't nothin' like it!

9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. C doesn't cook often. Every once and a while she'll whip up a meat loaf or some lasagna. Yesterday she made meat loaf, I will be eating good for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meatloaf and this one looks incredible. I'm licking my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one great-looking heart attack. :) But awful tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I can get that delicious aroma from your pics! Did I says WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum yum!!! I might have to make a meatloaf sometime in the near future. If it ever cools off, that is - meat loaf is a cool weather food for me.

    ReplyDelete