Thursday, July 20, 2017

MIDWEEK ON THE COURTHOUSE SQUARE

Prescott, Arizona has a number of qualities that make it a desirable place to live.

Chief among them is the courthouse square in downtown which may be one of the reasons the city is known as "Everybody's Home Town".



On any nice day people can be seen walking the wide sidewalk that surrounds the county courthouse.


This fellow might have thought there were some deer hunters to be avoided.


It is quite definitely a dog-friendly area.


This fellow had a brace of poodles on leashes.


A young father had a different pet to corral.

Some of the tourists were doing what I was doing.




Though these two were focused on the buildings across the street . . . on Whiskey Row.


One of the visitors enjoying the shade under the trees favored the "off-the-shoulder" look.

Wait a minute!

Is that Bernie Sanders with her?

Oops, sorry, guess not.

Watching over all of this is what we used to call when I was a kid "the friendly gaze of the cop."


Kind of gives new meaning to the expression "I've got your back", doesn't it?

I'll end this tour with a gentleman with the best advice of all.


12 comments:

  1. I thought it was Bernie also.

    If I was to be arrested, that would be the cop I'd surrender to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does look like Bernie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are probably in someone's photos . . . taking photos of someone . . . on The Square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a nice way to spy on people and not just anybody apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice piece on the square.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite places to visit when I'm up there. I love that guy's shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That town square looks very inviting and obviously people enjoy it. Nice variety of folks doing just that!

    ReplyDelete