Friday, September 29, 2017

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

Gentle Readers, another weekend is about to roll around after yet another trying week.

One of my contributors sent me a mess of quotes from the great humorist Will Rogers recently and, judging from what I see on the news, this is a good week to pass some of them along.


Down at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue sits the U.S. Capitol and the offices of 435 (supposed) representatives of all of the rest of us here in the Good Old U.S. of A.



With a fond tip of the hat we'll say so-long now to Mr. Rogers.

Moving right along . . .





I seem to be a bit cynical today so I guess I'll just close this out with one wish for all of you.


And always remember to keep laughing!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .


11 comments:

  1. I've long been a fan of Will Rogers who once quipped," I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Will Rogers - thanks for sharing those! And that fully charged cat - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first Rogers quote is quite appropriate for Agent Orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will was a wise man. We need people like him in Congress today. He's probably glad he's dead and can't serve. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of cowboys, today was Gene Autry's birthday. Great piece on NPR today about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you talking about Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac? I get that by email and read it this morning. Had no idea he'd written so many famous songs.

      Delete
  6. I wonder if you can tell any difference between a fully-charged cat laying around all day, and a cat that's lost its charge laying around all day. It's probably in the glow of the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Will Rogers sentiments are perfect for these times! Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat looks like my hearing aids' charger. I'm sure you really wanted to know that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will Rogers what right on the money. Lord knows what he'd being saying if were a live today.

    ReplyDelete