Monday, September 18, 2017

TOGETHERNESS. OR NOT.

SWMBO and I have two cats.

(Okay, let me put that a different way.)

Two cats have SWMBO and I.

As keepers.

As feeders.

As affectionate petters.

These two cats have been together since each of them were foundling kittens.

You'd think they would love each other.

And I think they do.

But Blackwell, the male, the younger of the two, lies in wait for Muggles, the female, the older but more fragile of the two, to go anywhere.

To eat.

To defecate.

And then he chases her back to her spot on the M's bed.

She (SWMBO) yells at him.

To no effect.

I say "he just wants to play."

To even less effect.

But other times of the day, they are inches apart, sleeping, the best of friends.



Who can figure out cats?

14 comments:

  1. I think he's playing. Due to the togetherness on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say if anyone could figure cats it would be the Catalyst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one, to answer your question. We have two similar litter mates but ours are both female. The can fight, scramble, crab at each other, but at the end of the day, they love to snuggle close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are strange at time.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you seriously just ask who can figure out cats? Hahaha! NOBODY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats don't even understand cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard it said, and I believe it, that dogs have masters but cats have staff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are creatures onto their own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are delightful superior life forms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the cat kingdom, that's about as affectionate and close as two creatures can be! Do they ever groom each other? ( I guess THAT is actually optimal closeness for cats.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never understood cats, I am trying so hard though.

    ReplyDelete