Sunday, October 22, 2017

ON THE RIVER

Today brings us another thrilling episode in the Exciting and Fabulous Adventures of the BRD (Beautiful Rich Daughter).

This time it's kayaking on the Verde River in Central Arizona.


Yes the BRD (center above) and a gang of her pals actually did get those watercraft into the water.

It was all to mark a birthday of one of her cohorts, the indefatigable Susie.


The BRD said it was a five mile excursion marked by a high wind.

That was NOT evident in the pictures I saw.


It looks pretty placid to me.

Of course, maybe the hurricane force winds and rushing rapids prevented the photographer from taking pictures during those rough times.

The BRD said if she hadn't been working out prior to the tour she might not have been able to get back and would have died on a sandbar . . . not the kind of bar she would like to die at.


So paddle fiercely, Gayle, show us your best stuff!

9 comments:

  1. I guess she had to switch hats due to the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they were having a good time in spite of the hurricane force winds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small craft warnings from the weather service, Coast Guard working overtime to rescue intrepid sailors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. impressive, windy or not! Glad she survived. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many, MANY years ago I had friends who wanted me to go tubing with them on the Verde River. I didn't and I'm happy to say I don't regret it. This however, looks a lot more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a good spot for a paddle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be nice to be both B and R. Looks like a great trip! And I agree -- I don't get a sense of wind in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete