Thursday, October 19, 2017

THURSDAY NIGHT DINNER

Oddly enough, no photos exist of tonight's meal.

I prepared about half of it.

Pepper Steak (steak au poivre) that I grew to love at a French restaurant (Restaurante Pierre) when we lived in Guadalajara, Mexico.

I learned to make it at home.

Tonight's meal was accompanied by a baked Russet potato topped with butter and sour cream and salt and pepper, asparagus, and a wonderful mixed salad, courtesy SWMBO.

She doesn't love steak like I do (though she does love this preparation) so it's a rare treat.

A little red wine, after aperitifs of whiskey and water and vodka and water, and (for me) an after touch of Sambucca straight up.

She topped her meal off with a bit of Death by Chocolate ice cream.

Do we dine well?

Yes, I think we do.

(Sorry for the absence of pictures.)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! I'm all for squeezing the 'rare treat' into the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death by chocolate. What a way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good! I'm not much of a steak eater either, but I do like pepper steak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures would have made my stomach growl even more than your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete