Thursday, November 16, 2017

FIVE AMIGOS

The years keep piling up but the Rock Springs Cafe gatherings live on.

Today was another such lunch at the Palace of Pie by these five survivors of the media wars at KPNX-TV in Phoenix.


Steve Torbeck, Wally Athey, Lew Ruggiero, Karl Kindberg and Bruce Taylor.

All a bit grayer, certainly more rotund.

As for the pies, you think I lie?


These are just some of the pies being readied for the big Thanksgiving rush.

I had a slice of Chocolate Cream today while the other lads, (huh-huh-huh), watched their waistlines.

12 comments:

  1. Now who could possibly resist pies like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tour back looks like the junior member of the group. Looks like maybe he could be a couple of guys son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully uplifting photo, Bruce. I also like the one of you guys. Yes, I am a pie aficionado. Best wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to rework the motto, 'Not so lean, not so mean, still a Marine" Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo of a great group of guys that I had the privilege to work with. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pies would have been hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hah! You weren't kidding about pies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice that you still get together. Always good to make the effort to see old friends. I'm sure this is a gathering of smart minds, but only one got pie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate there last week. I guess I was a week early.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a legendary group for sure. Chocolate cream pie...my favorite!

    ReplyDelete