Tuesday, November 7, 2017

MAXIMUM CATTAGE

For the second time (that I know of) our bird bath had a non-Avian visitor this morning.


The big fluffy orange and white neighbor calmly strolled across the yard, climbed up on the back of the Blue Cat and balanced herself with her front paws while drinking long and steady.

I had seen her do this one other time recently.

This time it was Blackwell, gazing longingly out through my window, that alerted me to the visitor's presence.


When she had finished drinking, she got down and started away until I tapped on the window.

Then she walked across the yard again to come up to the slider in SWMBO's room.

Blackwell dived down and scurried into the other room to see what she was up to and met her nose to nose.

Muggles, from her vantage point on the bed, also got a look.


There is never a dull moment when one has cats in and around the house.

12 comments:

  1. What if the window had been inexistent??

    ReplyDelete
  2. New pals through the looking glass.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like visiting day at the local cat jail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls had a gray cat the size of the visitor. She would prop herself on the sofa pillows and lay there dozing with her legs spread open. My youngest, about 13 at the time, said, "Puffin you're such a slut." Cattage indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness there was glass between them, so she couldn't eat Blackwell for a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if they're just curious? Or threatened? With cats it's hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete