Sunday, November 26, 2017

OLD YELLOW

You've all seen the visiting cat that I call "Old Yellow".

As far as I know she's the only feline that comes to drink out of our bird bath.

I am constantly amazed by how she "rises to the occasion" and I can't stop photographing her.


The first time I saw her she was gingerly putting one paw on the edge of the bird bath to support herself while she drank.

But since then she has learned that she can sit on the plaster Blue Cat with her front paws on his head and reach the water.


SWMBO spread some red mulch around the bath and the Blue Cat last week to slightly improve the appearance of the area.

The birds seemed to be avoiding the area for a day or two, perhaps sensing some kind of danger from the new look, but they have since returned as before.

And Old Yellow doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

12 comments:

  1. I wonder what Old Yellow thinks of the plaster cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he thinks the Blue Cat makes a fine platform for him.

      Delete
  2. Nice composition! "CAT ON RED AND BLUE".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you have a very welcoming home, inside and out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post title reminded me of the movie Old Yeller. I can still remember how hard I cried watching that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cat pulled my bird bath over one time. I was not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow's use of Blue is a variation on the old line about standing on the shoulders of those who came before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color palette is getting larger...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too cute. I imagine that the water there is extra tasty if it's been flavored by little birdie feet hopping about in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! You reminded me of the yellow cat I used to have years ago. He was a very independent soul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an adorable picture of the cat using a ceramic cat to reach the water.

    ReplyDelete