Sunday, November 12, 2017

THIS WILL FOOL YOU

Click on the link:


I'd seen this before but when my friend, Lori Across Town (formerly Down the Block) sent it to me today I thought maybe some of you Gentle Readers hadn't seen it yet.

As the email said:  

This is a holographic projection of a Whale. It is a photographic process that produces images thanks to the differences between 2 laser beams. These images are projected into a gym using a special camera. There is not a drop of water in this room, let alone a whale.

Spooky what science can do, isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. WOW! There was a time when seeing was believing. This is no longer true, but it's certainly amazing, and I hadn't seen it before so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't seen that one. If someone asked my son how it was done, he would not have explained, but would have said dryly, "Dark magic."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I have seen that at some point, assumed it was combining two images.

    ReplyDelete