Monday, December 4, 2017

SOOPERMOON!

So there it was, coming up from behind Mingus Mountain.


There were some wispy clouds in the sky which added to the effect.


I wonder if anyone else got this shot, with another planet showing.


Actually that's either a nearby light or a reflection or some other coincidental trickery of my simple camera.

A little later, from a different location, the misty clouds give it a Sherlock-and-Watson-at-night-on-the-Moors sort of look.


As I said, my camera is a simple point-and-shoot so my moon pictures are far from super.

I'm sure others with better equipment will get much better pictures and I can't wait to see them.


7 comments:

  1. We have a skylight in our bedroom, around 3:30 this morning the Super Moon woke me up as it passed over the house. It was so bright I thought I overslept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, you did good.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to go ou to look but it was a foggy night here so it may have been hidden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was cloudy here last night. The night before I saw it on the eastern horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures.. It rained all day in Portland so I didn't get to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried, but there was a heavy overcast in the Seattle area.
    Does that surprise you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have worse equipment and worse pictures! I only used my phone camera, and since that phone is a hand-me-down from my son, it's not state-of-the-art. BUT I GOT THE PLANET, TOO!

    Funny that I just posted my pictures, and came here, and saw that you also got something unusual in your picture. I figure mine had something to do with the phone.

    Your moonrise is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete