Tuesday, January 16, 2018

DINNER OUT

We had a meal today at the Texas Roadhouse in Prescott.

Each table has a pail of peanuts in the shell.



We had a fairly small table so asked that they be removed after I'd had a few.

Also brought to the table, along with us, were fresh-baked yeast rolls with cinnamon butter.


Judy had fried catfish, one of her Hoosier upbringing favorites.


I had a 6 ounce choice sirloin which shrunk quite a bit during cooking.

But it was very tasty and quite enough.


I had steak fries with it instead of that baked potato.

Everything about our experience was great, from the food to the service to the prices.

Now here's the curious part.

The Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain was started in . . . . . wait for it . . . . . . Clarksville, Indiana, just across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky.

And the guy who started it was from Colorado.

His name was Kent Taylor.

We share a last name.

But the chain now has around 450 restaurants in 49 U.S. states and a number of foreign locations.

Probably more than you wanted to know.

But their attention to quality makes the Texas Roadhouse a good meal out if you like traditional American food.

7 comments:

  1. Good to know. Did the founder figure no one would want to eat at the Indiana Road House? Haha! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Texas Roadhouse once. In Missouri. I think I had some kind of grilled chicken. It was good. The peanut shells on the floor bothered me, but that's one of their advertising points, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanuts caught my eye... we had a good meal there once upon the time. Same for us: fish for me and steak for my half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to a Texas Roadhouse, but I think I've seen them here and there. Next time I'm in the states I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good food in good company is always more than just a simple pleasure. Say "Hi" to Judy and tell her that I still miss her photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, I think you're confusing my Judy with another Judy (Sharon's sister) who once blogged from Prescott/Prescott Valley.

      Delete