Monday, February 26, 2018

MARCHING TOWARD OBLIVION

I hit a new low in my weight loss game this morning.

Down 15 pounds since early February.

For those concerned about my health I should add that the reduction in my size has slowed considerably in recent days.

I had been concerned about a quite low blood pressure, however, and had wondered several days ago if I should cut down on my blood pressure medication.

I gave my cardiologist's office a couple of weeks of readings this morning and heard from them this afternoon.

Yes, cut the Carvedilol in half, came the advice and see how it's going in another week.

I had already slightly increased another med I take for blood thinning and the reading had begun to tick back up as of this morning.

So, you think it's easy losing weight, do you?

When you're being treated for as many malfunctions of the body as I am, it's more of a balancing act than you might think.

Ah, yes, I know.

I've reached the age where we sit around talking about all of our aches and pains and maledictions of the body.

Like all the other old men I figure I've earned it so just sit there and listen!



I know who cares about me anyway!


7 comments:

  1. Take care, Bruce.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an easy thing...
    But sitting back and relaxing helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 pounds - that's a lot! It's not so hard loosing weight if the goal is , let's say, 4-5 pounds per month.
    Anyway, hope you feel good and are able to get rid of meds, or at leat reduce their number and dosage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! Don't disappear! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of health and spirit (or spirits!) to you, Bruce.Blackwell knows best. Always ask his advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent progress says this old bastid.

    ReplyDelete