Sunday, March 18, 2018

Saturday Night's Threatening Clouds

It looked a little scary last night.


But it was only damp this morning and no loud thunder drowned out the concert we watched last night: Roy Orbison Black and White Night 30.

It was a re-edited version of the video that marked the 30th anniversary of the great show at the Coconut Grove nightclub in Los Angeles that featured Orbison, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, T Bone Burnett, Elvis Presley's TCB Band and backing vocals by J.D. Souther, Steven Soles, Jackson Browne, Jennifer Warnes, Bonnie Raitt and k.d. lang.

A spectacular show.

8 comments:

  1. Bruce, I saw Roy Orbison in concert at the Minot Armory the summer Pretty Woman was a hit. I was working on construction (missiles sites) for American Bridge. My foreman let me borrow a truck, I called a girl I knew in Minot and off we went to the show. It was fantastic. Her dad was not impressed that I picked his sweet daughter in a tandem axle Chevrolet, Young Mary was impressed when I taught her how to split shift the two speed axles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the threatening clouds must have been up your way this time. There were no clouds down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good evening. I saw some of them, alas never Orbison, but some of the others, T-Bone (at a county fair!), Tom Waits way back when, spent the night in a large jail cell with Jackson Browne and maybe 50 others, but a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great show and we have watched it several times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about an all-star lineup! I haven't seen that show. I'll have to look for that video.

    ReplyDelete