Thursday, December 1, 2011

MOONSHOTS

I decided to test my skill with the camera last night by (trying) to photograph the moon.


What I learned is that, even with a tripod, I am not very steady with my camera.  But that ineffectiveness can provide some interesting shots.  For example, I suppose I could pass off this next one by saying I had gotten a great shot of Saturn.


Sure I did.  With my tiny point-and-click Nikon Coolpix camera.

But my next photo has me confounded.  I thought there was a man in the moon but this picture sure looks like a cat in the moon.


I guess I'd better stick with macro photography.

7 comments:

  1. Dr. M gets moon shots by slowing down the shutter speed - but I don't really know how he does it.

    I like the cat in the moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your cat in the moon is very interesting. If the moon is made of cheese then there must be milk up there--so that could explain cats as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a moon in the sky like a big pizza pie, that's A.....

    Sing it Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the moon cat the best. You never know what you will get but at least we don't have to worry about wasting film anymore.

    We had lunch at the Fireside Grill today. I thought with the snow and all it sounded cozy. The food was OK but I didn't see a fireplace anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, we went there for dinner awhile back. I had a $20 top sirloin that was way more than I could eat so I brought nearly half of it home for another meal. SWMBO saw liver and onions on the menu and flipped for it. She loves it but I can't stand liver and growse loudly if she tries to cook it at home. She said it was a little overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat shot is especially interesting. The first one reminds me of a backlighted Jack-o-lantern mouth, and I agree with the Saturn look-alike. Very nice work.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott, I hadn't noticed that about the first one but you're right. Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

    ReplyDelete