Sunday, August 18, 2013

APPLES OF MY EYE

Stephen, of the Chubby Chatterbox, has been a great influence on me with his great story-telling and absolutely marvelous illustrations.  I've already got the story-telling down (though not as good as Stephen) so I decided to try my luck with the paintbrushes.  Here's my first attempt.



So what do you think?  

Still life with apples.  

Not too bad, is it?

I think I did well with the sheen of the fruit, and the light reflections.

Not to mention the thatch of the basket.

Stephen?

Can you give it a critique?








Oh, all right.

So I lied.

That's part of story-telling.

Here's the original, before it was dealt with in my PHOTO-editing software.


Yup, it's just a photograph.

Actually, I prefer one I took with a little less light on the subject.  It seems to bring out the deeper reds.


So, there's my "story" for today.

And apologies to Stephen, a REAL artist.

4 comments:

  1. Bruce, Thanks for the kind words. I knew your effort was a digitally altered photograph but I don't think that diminishes what you've accomplished. I never executed artwork on a computer so I'm not the best one to give you a critique, but I do like what you've done. I hope you'll keep it up and post more. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either blame it on the camera or give the camera credit. That is my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Funny guy :)

    And now I want an apple!

    ReplyDelete