Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A SKY FULL OF YELLOW CLOUDS

I went out after dark the other night and looked up at the sky and was stunned.  It was full of fluffy clouds that had a peachy color.  I got my camera and took several photos but they didn't come out peachy.  They came out yellow.


I think it was due to ground light from below.  The moon certainly didn't have anything to do with it.  Did it?


I thought it was somewhat mysterious.  If you look toward the bottom of the next picture you may see what I mean.


So what kind of music goes with that kind of sky?  I can think of only one song that fits.  (Though I did give a listen to Hoagy Carmichael's "Old Buttermilk Sky".)


8 comments:

  1. Haven't thought of Donovan in ages. Eerie sky pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some odd clouds passing through. But anything that reminds me of the age of Donovan is fun.
    Quite rightly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Donovan brings back some old memories. (I think.)

      Delete
  3. I'm just mad about Saffron
    Saffron's mad about me
    I'm just mad about Saffron
    She's just mad about me

    They call me mellow yellow
    (Quite rightly)
    They call me mellow yellow
    (Quite rightly)
    They call me mellow yellow

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had some great clouds over the past weeks.

    ReplyDelete