Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Catalyst's big Oscar predictions

I'm 11 days ahead of the actual ceremony but here are my Oscar winner picks at this year's Academy Awards for 7 awards. An asterisk (*) indicates I have not yet seen the movie.

Foreign Language Film:

"The White Ribbon" *


Supporting Actress:

Mo'Nique in "Precious: Based on the novel 'Push' by Sapphire" *


Supporting Actor:

Christoph Waltz in "Inglorious Basterds" *


Actress in a Leading Role:

Meryl Streep in "Julie and Julia"


Actor in a Leading Role:

Jeff Bridges in "Crazy Heart"


Best Director:

Kathryn Bigelow for "The Hurt Locker"


Best Movie:

The Hurt Locker

I know this goes against the huge push for "Avator" and James Cameron and I have not seen the movie. But I was so impressed by the Hurt Locker and by the fact that this high testosterone movie was directed so well by a woman that I can't overlook it. And things I've read about Avatar and its big-ego director make me believe the Academy may turn on it.

March 7th . . we'll all see.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't seen Hurt Locker yet. I am going to lose my reputation as a movie goer! I need to get on the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ain't pleasant but it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the year we were actually going to see some of the movies before the Oscars. Oh well, there's always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CC - That's usually our problem but we did better than usual this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmn, I will be interested to see the results.

    ReplyDelete