Friday, April 24, 2015

OMG! 3/4 OF A CENTURY!!

That was the message on a birthday card I received first thing this morning from SWMBO. As if I didn't know.

Three quarters of a century ago, in Stanley, North Dakota, my father sent this telegram* to his brother in San Francisco.


And so his namesake, Franklin Bruce Taylor, arrived on the planet.

Me.

75 years ago today!

People ask me where I got my weird sense of humor.

I think I got it from my father, along with his fixtures.

* - A telegram was something that was used to send messages while we all waited for email to be invented.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bruce! That was very noble of your father to donate his fixtures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is priceless.
    I suppose the cost per letter to send made for short, sweet and often humorous correspondence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 years behind you Taylor...and eat your roughage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great keepsake and historical artifact! See you tonite pal--but am not interested in your fixtures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. I've never received a telegram and would probably faint if I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say that the apple (& fixtures) didn't fall far from the tree :)

    ReplyDelete