Monday, August 22, 2016

CLOUDS

We seem to be in the midst of our monsoon season.

Brief showers or (as yesterday afternoon) thunderstorms with loud, crashing thunder and semi-torrential rain.

One day I photographed some clouds in the sky before the rain arrived.








And on another day, SWMBO spotted and photographed this rather strange cloud which looked like one side had been sheared off.


Note: the last picture was taken through the windshield of a moving car which accounts for the extraneous light poles and road sign.

Clouds are always fascinating.

7 comments:

  1. I've always found clouds fascinating asnd I still like searching for recognizable shapes in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain is good for you. Hope you get lots.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I've got Joni Mitchell singing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great series of photos. Reminds me of a favorite summertime activity when I was a kid. Laying on a blanket and watching the clouds roll by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding Joeh's funny comment: if you had just kept driving you could have looked at them from both sides.......
    Sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy you your clouds, as you know. Atmospheric watercolor paintings.

    ReplyDelete