Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Ahhhh, November

Today is the first day of November and Judy has just turned the furnace on for the first time in this house.

She said she needed to take the chill off and I can hear the device humming and feel the warm air coming through the vents.

What's next?

This?


Well I doubt it.

That's the house I grew up in, in far-off North Dakota, just about 50 miles south of Canada.

The snow on the ground and on the trees is real.

The snow falling is fake (fake news?) put there by a Google app.

But where I live now, in Arizona, it's unlikely I'll see snow this winter.

Oh it does snow here but it's usually gone in a day or two.

And from what I hear from the Weather Gods this is likely to be a warm winter in our part of the world.

Halloween is over once again.

We had 8 trick or treaters and we turned off the lights at 7:30.

My friend, Baseball Steve in Phoenix, reports they had 119 before turning off the lights at 8:00.

Trick or Treating is a big thing on Mount Vernon Street in nearby Prescott.

It's a street of old Victorian homes which are decorated wildly for the fun.






Trick or treaters come by the thousands for the treats, some reportedly from as far away as Phoenix!

Whiskey Row in Prescott also draws some wilder costumes on Halloween Night.



The BRD and her Beau Jack have been known to host Halloween parties on Whiskey Row.

She became a brunette for one such night.

(I have no idea who the she-male is standing next to her.)



She's been a big one for costume parties.

Once, many years ago, SWMBO and I went to one she gave in Phoenix.


Judy made the costumes.

And some years later, when we were living close to where we are now, she put on her best face to greet the little visitors who rang our bell.


I hope your Halloween was sufficiently spooky!

10 comments:

  1. Not one kiddo on the whole street I heard from disappointed neighbors who now have candy to get rid of. I am surprised you got 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you were a costume in that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get home until past nine, but my impression of my neighbourhood is that there aren't much in the way of kids around anyway.

    We've had a few stray snowflakes here today, first of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been snowing since early morning, maybe 4" on ground now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool report. Some elaborate celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great post! We just turned on our furnace on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Halloween was rather quiet. Eight kids all before eight o'clock. We're left with lots of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure why, but the scariest thing in those pictures was the wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We didn't have any kids here at all, so we put the candy in the freezer for next year :)

    ReplyDelete