Monday, February 19, 2018

WIND

The famed Prescott Valley wind is blowing like a wild beast tangled in a net today.

(I found that simile on the World Wide Web . . I'm not nearly that poetical.)

I had read yesterday that it was coming but this is the strongest it has blown since we have lived here.

When I woke this morning I first heard it.

Then a bit later as I chatted up SWMBO she told me to look out at the patio.

This is what I saw.



Yes, the wind had picked up one corner of that outdoor astroturf and flipped it along with a metal bowl of rocks that were meant to hold it down.

So, yes, the wind is blowing and it's forecast to continue all day until around 5 this afternoon.

I have since picked up all the spilled stones, replaced them in the bowl and parked it on one of the patio chairs at the corner of the carpet.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Meantime, the whirligig is getting a workout.



10 comments:

  1. Double stick tape on the indoor/outdoor rug. I upped the sugar on my hummingbird feeder. They were looking in the office window like beggars. The only birds I've seen outside today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. We're headed to Oklahoma on Wednesday morning. I have a feeling we're going to be traveling through some wind, since it's probably headed this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say you are not as poetical? I remember you were able to craft great and memorable lines as a reporter on the scene and even more so when you were on the desk and in the booth. Some of our correspondence from an earlier era was also "writerly and even poetical." I thought the line sounded like classic Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to get out your kite if you have one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was windy and cold here in SoCal yesterday, reminded me of home, but on second thought it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I talked to my sister yesterday and she said you had some snow on and off yesterday too! It got crazy windy here yesterday afternoon. I felt bad for the heating/air conditioning man who had to climb up on the roof to fix my heat pump yesterday. I'm so glad he got it fixed. It got down right cold last night. I loved the whirligig video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the breeze, even if it's knocking over lawn furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next comes the bitter cold. You are one day behind us on this cold front. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I don't mind rain, snow, storms, but I'm really afraid of high wind for some reason. I guess if it's normal for you guys then it might not be that scary...

    ReplyDelete