Monday, May 7, 2018

BASEBALL AND FRIENDSHIP

Baseball Steve treated me to a Diamondbacks game in Phoenix yesterday.

Since I have aged, the rake of his normal seats in the third deck have given me a vertigo problem so I had declined invitations to the ball park.

But Steve solved that problem by trading his seats for seats in handicapped areas on the days when we go to a game.

Yesterday we sat in a new area to us, in center field, where our view was like this.


I might add that we did get a good look at the center fielders, like the hero of the Diamondbacks win over the Houston Astros, A.J. Pollock, and the opposing team's George Springer.


We found ourselves directly below the broadcast booth where the post-game analysis was done by Todd Walsh and Mark Grace.


And we were fairly near to the famous swimming pool which was the landing zone for a home run ball that was the only score for the current World Champion Astros yesterday.


And as usual there was an attendee at the game wearing a New York Yankees tee-shirt.


All in all it was a fun day at the "old ball park" and a chance to spend time with a pal I've had since the mid-70's.


When I got home I was looking at a picture of Steve and I at Chase Field that I finally determined must have been taken at least ten years ago.


Back then Steve still had a beard and, as SWMBO unkindly pointed out, my hair was considerably darker than it is today!

Lot of years in the saddle.

8 comments:

  1. Did you drink a cold beer and eat a hot dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID drink a cold n.a. beer and eat a Diamondbacks Dog.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a ballpark! Odd spot for a pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that a $15 beer and a $12 hot dog? I remember going to Detroit Tiger games in the new stadium and my dad was aghast at the food prices. He could remember $1 beers and $1 dogs . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the breakdown but it was $13 for both.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to a Blue Jays game in a few years but always love going to the ballpark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Envious. No Ball games here in Germany, unless you count soccer. Not my kind of ball.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time, maybe you should wear your swimsuit under your jeans, just in case you decide to take a dip. And remember to wait 30 minutes after your hot dog and beer!

    ReplyDelete