Sunday, July 22, 2018

BAKING, MORE BAKING, GRILLING, FINE EATING

I began the day, after watching the final round of the British Open golf tournament aka "The Open", by baking a couple of loaves of English Muffin Bread.

Later in the day, SWMBO demonstrated her skill by making a Plum and Cherry Crumble.


And then, just to show off even more, she grilled chicken and corn on the cob this evening.


Dinner was incredible and we were so stuffed we have not yet sampled the fruit crumble dessert.

We have decided we may have that for breakfast tomorrow.


She said, "We're old now.  We can do that."

12 comments:

  1. Mmm...I feel full just looking at it. I'd get up before my usual 9:30 a.m. to have that crumble for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

  2. We had chicken and corn on the grill too, great minds, er appetites..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pie for breakfast. Always my favorite! Had it as a kid a lot. Also, great minds think alike - picked up the Mayberry Crumble Pie from Trader Joe's yesterday. Had it for dessert after a mid-day meal of grilled shrimp, grilled beef, steamed asparagus, and English double cream mushroom brie on fresh, hot bread. On Monday, back to Ninja green smoothies and salads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh,,, what a day of delicious food and that crumble looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at CHERRIES. :)

    It was a great Open, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. PT, I'm just having it. It's unbelievably delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had local corn on the cob yesterday too - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop it! You are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crumble for breakfast sounds pretty great! SWMBO is obviously very talented!

    ReplyDelete