Monday, August 13, 2018

RANTING

Allow me to rant a little.

It's about the Weather Gods and their lying blasted radar.

Here's a screen grab of what they say is over my area as I am writing this.


That big yellow blob is pretty heavy rain and the green areas are somewhat lesser rain.

Now if you look up at the top of that picture you may be able to make out the words Prescott Valley.

Here's a closer view.


Now I live just below that winding line at the top of this picture, which is a highway.

The radar says there's pretty heavy rain falling on me right now.

I didn't see any outside my window so I went out to see if my vision was failing me.

Here's my view to the south.


Here's my view to the north.


And here's my view straight up.


See any raindrops on my lens?

Me neither.

Grrrrrr.

I know.

I'm old.

And I'm starting to sound like the guy yelling "Hey!  You kids get offa my lawn!"

But Jeeze.

Can't I get a little honesty from the Weather Gods?

14 comments:

  1. Now THAT is fake news! I feel your Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe their crystal ball was on the blink today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well pal-watching the weather and measuring the forecast authenticity is at least constructive and has more adventure than watching paint dry or water boil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figure our weather forecasters are about 40-50% average, given we're in the middle of the Rockies, mountains all around and in a valley, I'm surprised they are right as often as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand. It's like when I was still teaching, and the forecast showed a big wall of snow headed for us overnight, with significant accumulation...yet in the morning there was nary a flake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's possible that it was raining at altitude, where the radar was scanning, but the moisture was evaporating before reaching the ground.

    I find the reverse even more disconcerting - the radar shows no precipitation for miles, and yet it's raining cats and dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed. I am ignoring it all and watering everything outside like crazy each morning. Typically, we could have a month remaining in monsoon and it seems to get spotty as it peters out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't pay too much attention to the weather forecasts.

    We have had the wettest, soggiest summer I can remember ever having experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How frustrating! I hope it moves your way eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought radar was more reliable. I guess weather is a hard thing to pin down. We've finally been getting some monsoon activity down here in the valley. They are "predicting" more tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That just shows you how accurate computers can be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weather forecasting- the only job where you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep your job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want some rain. I’d take a good wind. Slight breeze?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apparently weather forecasting is worse since cell phone towers interfere.

    ReplyDelete