Saturday, January 26, 2019

SHE CAN BAKE

You may have noticed yours truly bragging on his blueberry flaugnarde the other day.

You remember.

I started out calling it a clafoutis until I read that it only goes by that name if it's made with cherries.

But I didn't use all of the blueberries and they were going bad fast.

So today while I was out running an errand, the real cook in the house took the bull by the horns.

Actually she took the blueberries by the stems and showed me what baking is all about.


These are her candied-ginger blueberry turnovers.

They came out of the oven as I was compelling her to sit and watch yet another cooking show on t.v.

I haven't tasted them yet.

But I did get to munch on a few tiny cinnamon sugar bon bons that she made out of her pastry scraps.

Yummy.

But these will be better, I'm sure.


And the beat goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment