Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A COLD AND LOVELY DAY

I awoke this morning to find a very thin layer of snow on the ground.

And it was c-c-c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-l-l-l-l-d-d-d-d outside.

As the sun rose over the yardarm the snow quickly disappeared but the temperature never really rose all that much.


It says the forecast high was 37 for the day and that's exactly what it rose to.

Now as you may recall I was born and raised in North Dakota so I'm familiar with cold weather.

But I've been gone from that dismal climate since 1969, which I calculate to be exactly 50 years ago.

And most of that time has been spent in either Arizona or Mexico or Texas.

So I'M NOT USED TO THIS!

Fortunately the BRD . . . . and may I just say she's as beautiful as ever . . . had invited us for brunch at our favorite restaurant, the vaunted Iron Springs Cafe.

They feature a menu of Mexican and Cajun recipes and I ate heartily of a cup of Gumbo, followed by the speciality of the house, Blackened Catfish.

And of course I had to have one of their very special Bloody Caesar's.

(In case you're not familiar with this it's about the same as a Bloody Mary but made with Clamato juice.)

So I was feeling no pain as we departed and made our way to a couple of grocery stops, at Trader Joe's and Sprout's.

But damn!

The wind in those parking lots was brutal and we were mighty glad to get home.

I think I'll stay inside until about May.

No comments:

Post a Comment