Sunday, February 10, 2019

JUST A TE(E)ASE

From time to time a blogger friend in London, Steve, has posted on his blog photos of some of his tee-shirts.

He has quite a collection but then, so do I.

So today I thought I'd post a photo of one of my favorites.

(Photo by SWMBO)

Before you grow too worried about me let me assure you that the Yuma Territorial Prison, which opened in 1876, was closed as a prison in 1910.

Since then it has served a number of purposes but has been a museum since 1940 and a State Park since 1961.

My tour of the prison included a visit to the notorious solitary confinement cell which I seem to remember had no windows and was a dark and scary hole.

It was known as "the dark cell".

Imagine being locked in there during an Arizona summer when Yuma is one of the hottest places in the state.

I hasten to add that the cell doors remained unlocked during my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment