Tuesday, March 12, 2019

CHANGE

It has been raining off and on for about 24 hours here and this morning our furnace wouldn't come on.

Just last Friday our landlord had a new thermostat installed after an electrician determined that the buttons were failing on our old one.

Today the electrician found that some insulation inside the unit on the roof had come loose and was flopping over on the blower when it came on, causing it to malfunction.

I asked him if he replaced it and he said he duct taped it.

It is a well known mechanical theory that duct tape or WD-40 will fix everything.

Our furnace is working and the house is warm once again.

The rain is moving out of our state in the next few hours once again .

And without duct tape or WD-40 I have perked up this blog.

All I did was find a more pleasing wallpaper for the photo header and post it.

I didn't take the photo.

I may never have visited the site where it was taken.

But I have spent many happy days in similar settings.

So sue me.

Or like a ham radio operator in New Mexico I knew many decades ago used to do.

He'd turn on a shortwave station from Tahiti, turn off the lights except for the warm glow from his radio dial, lean back in his recliner and let his mind go to the lands of gentle island tunes.

Ukelele time.

Much better than Daylight Savings Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment